Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Cinemax Audio Crackling

Contributor
Contributor

Cinemax Audio Crackling

Message 1 of 2
(470 Views)

I'm getting bad audio static/crackling on some Cinemax channels. The Thing and Cronicles of Riddick were both almost unwatchable. Crackling seems to be correlated with loud soundtrack passages, even if I have the overall volume pretty low. I don't think it's my system because Blurays and other channels are OK...even at very loud volume. DVR reset doesn't help.

I've confirmed that my brother, who is on a non-Verizon cable system, also has the same audio problems with Cinemax. I suspect that the problem is either in the feed from Cinemax or some conversion that Verizon is doing, but don't have any way to test this. I also don't see a way to contact Cinemax for help.

Does anyone have any ideas on resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance...

1 REPLY 1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cinemax Audio Crackling

Message 2 of 2
(395 Views)

Am on dish network, getting the same issue exclusively on cinemax. Thought it was all sorts of things till I took note that this was only occuring on cinemax. So how do we go about getting this addressed ?  Drop Cinemax for showtime ?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.