Switch Account

Cisco 435 DVR Not Adding Space with External eSATA Drive

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Cisco 435 DVR Not Adding Space with External eSATA Drive

Message 1 of 1
(1,032 Views)

I added an approved 1TB Western Digital eSATA drive to my Cisco 435 DVR.  But it is not showing any additional space available.  It is showing 17% space used with 11 hours of recording -- so a total of about 64 hours of space.  Clearly the DVR is not using the additional external hard drive.

I have tried 8-10 times to reboot, disconnect, reconnect, reboot, etc, etc.  It is not working.

I did go into the DVR hardware menus to find more behind the scenes.  (Press left arrow and OK button on DVR face at same time.)  It is showing both a Drive 0 internal drive with 465 GB space and a Drive 1 external drive with 931 GB.  No read errors on either.

But when i go to page 4/5 it shows Drive 0 with 461GB total and 264GB Free.  Then on page 5/5, it shows Drive 1 where all have Total Space equal 0.0kb or "n/a".

So bottom line, the DVR is somehow recognizing that there is a hard drive there with 931GB capacity, but the "logical" drives are showing zero space available.

Any ideas how to fix this?  Is it possible to force a reformat of the drive?  How do I do that?

Thank you!!

Chip

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.