Cisco 435HDC intermittent channel lockups since IMG 1.9
jotson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like title says, my wife has complained about the Cisco DVR box locking up certain channels since 1.9 upgrade last week.

This occurs watching live TV - the one channel she is watching locks up, the box is slow to respond, but eventually changes channel to a working channel.  When she tries to go back, the original channel is still out.  Yes, it sounds like it is the source channel, but never happened before 1.9, now it's at least once a day.  Happened with SyFy, Discovery, TNT, Travel Channel, and maybe others.

Any thoughts?  Should I take it to the local Verizon store and change it for a Motorola?  Hate to do that, since the Cisco supposedly has a better processor. 

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cisco 435HDC intermittent channel lockups since IMG 1.9
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the box. I have sent you a private message regarding this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the box. I have sent you a private message regarding this issue.

0 Likes
jotson
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:

I did a hard reboot on the Cisco box 2 days ago, and there have not been any channel lockups since.  Only the occassional brief pixel/blocking for brief period. 

0 Likes
phil_home

I'm experiencing the same issue. What did you do to resolve the problem.

0 Likes
bobptvinternet

We are having the exact same problem however we have the Motorola QIP2500-3 set top boxes.

Did you ever get this problem resolved? if So what was the fix?

0 Likes
brb129

I'm having the exact same problem.  Can you please post the fix here?  Is a hard reboot just unplugging the box and replugging into the power?

0 Likes
ibdursty

I'm having the same problems with my new Cisco installed box.  Locks on home channels that should be working.. come back to the channel later and it works for a while then locks up again.  Only hapens on the DVR box.  The non DVR box never locks up..  Have reset the box several times..

0 Likes
ibdursty

I'm having the same problems with my new Cisco installed box.  Locks on some channels that should be working.. come back to the channel later and it works for a while then locks up again.  Only hapens on the DVR box.  The non DVR box never locks up..  Have reset the box several times..

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

What version of 1.9 are you running on the box? Can you look and post the information?  1.9 10.39 or 1.9 10.40? Etc...

I have had a few issues when viewing buffered content after the DVR has been paused, and DVR recordings during play back. It has been a bit annoying. The solution I was told during viewing buffered content after pausing, was to just turn the box off and on from the remote. I have not  found that acceptable during playback of DVR recordings, because I had to start from the beginning and use chapters or fast forward. Other times I have had to unplug the DVR. I hope a fix comes soon, because unplugging the box kills any recordings on the second tuner. I wish I could have beta tested this when the Motorola Sneak Peak beta was running.Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes