Cisco CHS-435 DVR Locking up.
prisaz
Legend

Cisco CHS-435 DVR locking up during the viewing of premium content at the best times. Mostly towards the end of a movie. The channel freezes, and will not come back, even after changing the channel up or down, or turning the box off and on. It stays frozen with the same picture frame. Almost like it was paused. Only time fixes the issue, but anything that would have been in the buffer is gone. So there goes the movie ending or the last few scenes before the end. I bet un plugging the DVR would fix it. But the WHOLE POINT is not to miss the program that is not recorded. 

The Cisco hardware has been very reliable since it was installed new. Yes NEW still with the plastic protection on the face.

The other night I also for the first time received the error that the subscription was invalid, or something to that effect. I had to reset the DVR.

Are the Cisco boxes being played with now!? Cisco changes always lag behind the Motorola. Is setting the copy bit now messing with Cisco?

Why am I starting to have issues with Cisco hardware, and Motorola customers have been seeing things for a month or more?

I am at 1.9 still build 12.40. It seems like things are being changed like plug ins just like when the Video on demand was changed with no build, or img number change.

What is going on? Anyone out there from Verizon like to answer these questions?

You must be changing something to cause these issues, or are there now ghosts in the hardware? Any developers leave recently? Jurassic Park lately? It has been on a bunch.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cisco CHS-435 DVR Locking up.
prisaz
Legend

I have not seen this issue for a while now. So what ever was causing it must have resolved itself or been resolved. Thanks for the follow up. I did not see any private message though. But perhaps the other user did.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
manypims
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what is worse. The box -- or Verizon's lack of support when it comes to the box. My DVR will freeze sporadically duirng playback and won't go past that point. I'll also receive an error message when I try to use the DVR and it will force reboot. A new box didn't solve the problem so it's not the box, likely the software or maybe the signal. Seriously, if your going to buy millions of dollars worth of product from Cisco, shouldn't you get support or at the very least, a list of error messages? I'm also at Release 1.9, Build Number: 12.40

0 Likes
dave_langer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get this too, where I will go to watch a taped show and after two mins it freezes and I cant watch the show.

Are there better boxes than their cisco ones I can exhange for?

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have not seen this issue for a while now. So what ever was causing it must have resolved itself or been resolved. Thanks for the follow up. I did not see any private message though. But perhaps the other user did.

Best Regards

0 Likes
manypims
Enthusiast - Level 2

Despite what you may see on this thread, this issue is still happening and is not resolved. 

Comedy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the same problem I've been having and it maddening!

Playback of recorded show will pixelate or freeze, then start for a minute and freeze again.

Sometimes the playback will freeze and not start again.

It seem to happen after a fast forward or towards the last 1/3 of the programs.

I tried the auto-fix but it does not resolve.

0 Likes
rucknrun
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to me too.  Replacing the box does not help?  That stinks.  For 16.99 a month for this stupid thing it should work.

0 Likes