Cisco DVR resolution indicator
tonyro1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the black Cisco DVR.  I never see the resolution indicator lit.  I watch almost all programming in HD so I would expect either the 720 or 1080 indicator to be lit.  What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: Cisco DVR resolution indicator
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Tonyro,

The front panel indicator is not used as your HD setting is controlled with in the interactive media guide. It will always be on either 1080i default or 720p unless you change it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Cisco DVR resolution indicator
prisaz
Legend

@Mike_VZ wrote:

Hello Tonyro,

The front panel indicator is not used as your HD setting is controlled with in the interactive media guide. It will always be on either 1080i default or 720p unless you change it.

Thanks!

With Native Resolution support, should this indicator not be functional? Motorola with 1.9 supports native, and my understanding Cisco always did. Why does Verizon not have the option to display these on Cisco or turn them on and off like TiVO does? That is what they are there for. After all I have heard one complaint about the blinking house for MOCA activity. Moca activity really should be on the back of the box or turned off, was that a Cisco choice? The native resolution output should only change with the programming, and does change if configured properly. Not just locked 720 or 1080.

0 Likes