Re: Cisco STB news.
prisaz
Legend

Update to my original start of this thread. I feel it only fitting that I update everyone.

In regards to Tivo. I tested the new TiVo Premier prior to my second cable card arrival. My new TiVo went back and I have since received a full credit for the purchase price. I did cancel the second cable card order.

I have heard the Cisco boxes are way behind in img development and have no idea if that will change. Perhaps they will leapfrog the Motorola with a 1.9 build and slightly more flash memory. But from what I have read everything else is the same. Only Verizon knows the path they will take with Cisco. I was going to be one of the CLs in my area if and when Cisco became available. But unless I see MAJOR changes, I will need to decline the offer. But I do suspect Verizon may have some tricks up their sleeves. So I have not given up 100% on the offer or the Cisco hardware.

I have the following now and have been very pleased. Lookout Tivo the 1.9 img just might blow your socks off!

HMDVR Bundle With

1- QIP-7232 P2 Black Smaller foot print DVR With 500gig storage, and a bright white display some don't like. I say it is ok and rather cool. Bright Green would have been retro and really annoying. But the white is ok for me. Fast response times.

1- QIP-7100 P2  Black Smaller footprint, light weight, no display, probably lower production costs. Fast response times.

3- QIP-7100 P1 Same as all the previous Silver HD STB DVR boxes. Work ok and good response time.

2- QIP-2500 SD boxes went back in Dec. 2010. When I picked up a QIP-7216 and the QIP-7100 P1 boxes.

I just swapped out the QIP-7216 for the QIP-7232 P2, added the QIP-7100 P2 and turned in my cable card. No More Tivo HD for me. Sorry Tivo!

0 Likes
AJH3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got tv installed on 3/17/2011 and I got the Cisco CHS-435 HD DVR and love it.Same 500 GB hd my Directv HR-22.

So far do good.Saving about 60 bucks a month for phone/tv/internet.

Previous to this I did not  know verizon even had a 500 Gig HD DVR.

I am in West Weneca NY area(Buffalo Suburb) and expected to get the 160 gb moto and was surprised when the installer showed up with the Cisco.

0 Likes
AJH3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry everyone for the misspelled city in my previous post - should have been West Seneca NY

I just got TV installed on 3/17/2011 and I got the Cisco CHS-435 HD DVR and love it.Same 500 GB hd my Directv HR-22.

So far do good.Saving about 60 bucks a month for phone/tv/internet.

Previous to this I did not  know verizon even had a 500 Gig HD DVR.

I am in West Seneca NY area(Buffalo Suburb) and expected to get the 160 gb moto and was surprised when the installer showed up with the Cisco.

0 Likes
copper12

I have been told that they are working on using Cisco for or new stb/dvr box in the state of Ny. And will like to understand more about them. I also like to know it this new stb will be able to take over the may use of the data modem and the phone line service. And what is the reason for Verizon to change the stb, I just can not see Verizon chg the stb just to make the TV guide a little nicer then the other cable service that is not what the company is about..

0 Likes
magnusfl
Enthusiast - Level 3

they went to cisco over the major flack of there last stb from moto not even having a clock which **bleep** off a majority of there customers here in tampa were the cheep boxs were return in droves

0 Likes
Donnyp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got FIOS in Buffalo with the CISCO CHS335HDC STB. 

The IR receiver on the box is the worst I have ever experienced.  If the Remote transmitter is not pointed directly (+/- 5 deg) at the STB there is no response to the remote.

I have tried different remotes,  from the other small boxes in the house and 2 different Logitech Programmable remotes.  Even the Cisco box in the store and the replacement box they gave me is the same way.

I am panicing as I cancelled my Time Warner and now only have 2 weeks left to resolve this or cancel FIOS.

0 Likes