Cisco chs 335 freezes for 30 sec when sony tv turns on
rbrown24

I recently hooked up a Sony kdl-46ex400 via hdmi to a cisco chs335 settop.  I noticed that when I turn on the TV, the settop does not respond for several seconds (maybe 30 sec) to remote control commands.  The channel that was previously tuned is still being displayed ok--it's just the control of the settop is lost for a while.  The power led doesn't even flash to indicate that the settop received the command.

So far I have tried turning off control over HDMI (HDMI-CEC) on the TV and nothing changed.  I contacted Sony yesterday.  They confirmed I have the latest TV firmware, but otherwise don't have any ideas.  I suspect there is something going on with the hdmi interface at TV startup that is causing this glitch on the settop.  I will also try a component connection, but wondering if anybody else has noticed this problem.  I have several of this model settop hooked up via hdmi to different TVs and they seem ok.

0 Likes
Re: Cisco chs 335 freezes for 30 sec when sony tv turns on
rbrown24

Further searching reveals that this is likely an IR interference problem with the LCD backlighting when the TV is first turned on.

0 Likes