Cisco stb/dvr
wendl

Does anyone know if the new Cisco STB has the capability to record 2 shows on the DVR while watching a third show on a different channel? The Motorola STB I currently have only allows you to record 2 shows, one of which you must be watching, you cannot tune to a third different channel. A friend said he recently received a Motorola STB that has this capability, anyone else?Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Cisco stb/dvr
adrhart

The box has two (2) tuners and the ability to record two shows at once.   You cannot watch a third program if you are recording two shows at once.  You can however watch a completed recording saved to the DVR while you are recording two programs.    There is a TIVO box ($400) with 4 tuners - but you need to Cable Card from Fios and  you loose some of the features of FIOS - guide and PPV.   

0 Likes
gerrymacle
I have the new Cisco boxes and you can dvr 2 shows and watch a third in another room on a different tv.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@wendl wrote:

Does anyone know if the new Cisco STB has the capability to record 2 shows on the DVR while watching a third show on a different channel? The Motorola STB I currently have only allows you to record 2 shows, one of which you must be watching, you cannot tune to a third different channel. A friend said he recently received a Motorola STB that has this capability, anyone else?Thanks!

I have worked with both vendor's DVRs, and they have two tuners. The main difference is the customer location and availability at the time of install. You would have one vendor or the other depending on the previous statement. You can not record two, and watch a third. With the following exception.

Now if you have two DVRs with the img 1.9 software, and the MultiRoom feature along with multi-hub, you can schedule the second recording on the second DVR. This will allow you to record multiple programs and still watch a third. The only issue you may run across is if second DVR is attempting to record two programs at the same time. Ultimately you could record four programs on two DVRs if you were not attempting to watch a third on either DVR. MultiRoom will allow you to watch any recording from any box. Multi-hub allows the boxes to control each other. Meaning you can schedule recordings and delete recording from other boxes in the house.

I hope did not provide too much detail or confuse you.

0 Likes