Clear QAM Scan - South Jersey - 143 channels found - stops at 35% and never finishes
cfioravanti

I have a Vizio VX32L10A which was manufactured in January 2008.  I have the cable split between a QIP2500 and the QAM input on my Vizio.  When I scan cable the TV detects 143 Digital Channels and stops at 35% complete.  To stop the scan I turn the TV off.  When I turn it back on I have channels but they are not mapped properly.  WPVI/ABC should be 6-1 but the channel on the TV is 63-1006.  I'm in Marlton, NJ.   Is this related to the PSIP problem in Philly?

0 Likes
Re: Clear QAM Scan - South Jersey - 143 channels found - stops at 35% and never finishes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

First, QAM channel 63 is probably the SD QAM version of ABC.  The true digital (HDs) are located in the 71.xx to 75.xx range.

I was the first to report the PSIP issue in Philly (on BroadBand Reports boards).  As of August 28 the issue was supposed to be resolved at the VHO level (my Sharp now tunes and remaps).  If you are still having issues, I suggest posting to Verizon Direct Forum (this requires registration and sharing account information that can only be accessed by yourself and the Verizon techs that answer the forum).

0 Likes
Re: Clear QAM Scan - South Jersey - 143 channels found - stops at 35% and never finishes
cfioravanti
Thanks for the reply.  I thought this was the direct forum.  I've been following this on the other forum (Thanks for your reply there as well) I thought this would have been fixed in South Jersey since it was fixed in Philly.  BTW, how many digital channels did you scan find?  I want to know if the scan finished and it hanging up on the mapping.  I did not see any HD channels.  I'll double check tonight.  Thanks again for the reply and the link.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Don't really know.  My set doesn't give a count and since most are encrypted I didn't bother counting.  I'm sure it found one for each channel in the guide as well as ALL the PEG stations out of the Philly VHO (bunch of those in the QAM channel 128.xx area), not just the ones that are local to me.

EDIT While this is a Verizon sponsored forum, it is only peer to peer response.  AFAIK Verizon techs may monitor, but not at the same level as the forum I linked in my earlier post..

Message Edited by Keyboards on 09-11-2008 12:50 PM
0 Likes