Re: Close Captioning and STBs--HELP!!
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well, there are a couple things you can look at.

1. I seriously doubt that ALL channels are encoding incorrectly.  If it was just a few, I would say call the station but if it is ALL of them, I doubt this is your issue

2. Is it one tv or do you have multiple 2500's and multiple TV's. If multiple, does it happen on all?  If so, it is not likely a tv issue. To have more than one TV with the same issue and failing at the same time is not likely. If only one, try taking the 2500 and connecting it to another tv that has the cc working and make sure it is still working. If this works, time to have the tv fixed/replaced

Now just because the Verizon broadcast didnt change, doesnt mean that the software/firmware on the stb's hasnt changed. If it is affecting multiple boxes and tv's.... then PM me and I will get it listed on our outage system and get it over to the engineers for you.

Message Edited by spacedebrismark on 06-22-2009 12:18 PM
MarkZeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I only tested a handful of channels.Later tonight I will test more.

The TV's are all different brands, and we are experienced CC users. We all have 3 Motorola 2500's  and 1 Motorola 2708. 

Could this just be a temporary thing, should I wait a few more weeks before doing more intense callaing of Verizon and Local stations?

Edit: On a whim, while tesiting stations, I reset all of our STB's. Once they were reset, CC started working again. I appreciate all the help I recived in this thread.

Message Edited by MarkZeo on 06-22-2009 12:37 PM
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well, it will definatly be a temporary issue, since if it is affecting all your boxes and all your tv's then it will be either a broadcast issue (the channels themselves) in which case once they are notified  it will be corrected, or it will be a Verizon issue in which case if worst comes to worst may require new firmware to the stb's to add CC controls to the standard def boxes as well as the the HD boxes. No company will intentionally leave the situation as is. Not only is this a customer relation issue, it is also a required service. Just have to isolate the problem.

Like I said, after you try it out on all channels and tv's if it is happening everywhere, just PM me with your home phone number and I will pull up your acct and forward it over to the engineers.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Edit: Post removed because problem was fixed by re-booting STBs.

Message Edited by Justin on 06-22-2009 03:26 PM
0 Likes