Closed Caption: Off
limitup
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I turned on the tv today the message Closed Caption:Off appeared in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  I've never used closed captions and I went to Settings and the closed caption option was off.  No matter what I do I cannot get that message off the screen.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Closed Caption: Off
Justin46
Legend

@limitup wrote:

When I turned on the tv today the message Closed Caption:Off appeared in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  I've never used closed captions and I went to Settings and the closed caption option was off.  No matter what I do I cannot get that message off the screen.  Any suggestions?

Normally that message only appears when you hit the button on the remote control that controls closed captioning. And normally the message appears for only 3-4 seconds or so and then disappears. Have you tried hitting the C.C. button on the remote and cycling through all of the settings to see if the message will disappear when you get back to OFF? It is the * button on the remote (lower left of the number keypad, below the 7, also labeled with a small CC next to it).

If using the CC button on the remote doesn't work, try removing power from the STB for 30 seconds or so and plug it back in. The Verizon STBs have a history of sometimes just getting themselves so screwed up they don't know what they are doing, and pulling the plug frequently gets their brain working again.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Re: Closed Caption: Off
Justin46
Legend

@limitup wrote:

Normally that message only appears when you hit the button on the remote control that controls closed captioning. And normally the message appears for only 3-4 seconds or so and then disappears. Have you tried hitting the C.C. button on the remote and cycling through all of the settings to see if the message will disappear when you get back to OFF? It is the * button on the remote (lower left of the number keypad, below the 7, also labeled with a small CC next to it).

If using the CC button on the remote doesn't work, try removing power from the STB for 30 seconds or so and plug it back in. The Verizon STBs have a history of sometimes just getting themselves so screwed up they don't know what they are doing, and pulling the plug frequently gets their brain working again.

Keller, TX 76248