Closed Caption doesn't work with On Demand?
ahyan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Closed Caption doesn't work with On Demand?
ahyan
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI - I figured out how to fix this.

Once you're watching the On Demand show, pause it and do the following:

Click options button on your remote > select closed captions> select options> select closed captions

Then change the Service Selection to CC1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ramosag

Yeah me too....I dont understand it either.  Prior to the update...it would show up to 6 CC options....now its just on and off.  There seems to be some issues with FIOS right now.  FRUSTRATING!

0 Likes
ahyan
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI - I figured out how to fix this.

Once you're watching the On Demand show, pause it and do the following:

Click options button on your remote > select closed captions> select options> select closed captions

Then change the Service Selection to CC1

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was already true on other Verizon STB and I believe is now true with 1.9.7 on all of them.

Its not a mistake.  They wanted to resolve some user complaints that people had because all CC channels 1-6 had to be flicked through when normally only CC1 was english, CC2 was spanish, and rare cases CC3 other languages.  Now the CC button is just on or off.  If you want to adjust the options or settings menu allows you to set CC channels/fonts/etc.

0 Likes
audreyg1

WE have STD box and there using the options button does not give us CC when using on demand.  Any ideas?  We have tried the settings/accessibility, etc. and no luck.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't thing STD boxes ever had CC done by the box, I think it was always done for them by the TV.

0 Likes
Gracie0911

@ Ahyan Thank you and after 5 years your trick still worked for me. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes