Closed Captioning on many SD channels
Phantom4us

I just read: http://forum.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/CC-problem-on-SD-channels/m-p/56705

This topic is marked as solved, but doesn't help me.

We have a multi-room Fios setup.  The HD box is in the living room, and the SD throughout the house.  If we record something on the DVR that is not HD, it will work find on the SD boxes, but if we try to watch it on the HD box the captioning is aweful.  The captioning goes away before we can read it, is late, and just makes watching the show impossible.  2 of the three people in our home are Deaf, so this is a problem.

I tried diagnosing the problem, and am convinced it is the box. Because the recording itself is find from a SD box in the other rooms.  When I bring one of those televisions out and plug it into the HD box, the problem is still there, so it is not the HD television.

The previously referenced forumn post suggestions getting HD boxes in all the rooms instead of SD Boxes, that would be great but then we would have to pay more.  If that is the only suggestion I believe that Verizon should provided the additional / upgraded boxes for no additional cost since their equipment is not accessible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Closed Captioning on many SD channels
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tested this using component cables between the STB + TV? (Assuming you're using HDMI..)

Also, do you have the 4:3 Override in Video Settings turned off?

0 Likes