Closed Captions & Fonts

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Closed Captions & Fonts

Message 1 of 2
(3,652 Views)
I'm using the Motorola HD DVR connected via HDMI.  The font style when using CC supplied by the box is hard to read...is there a way to change the font when using the CC from the DVR?  BTW, if I use the CC from my TV, I can't get HD channel captioning.  Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Closed Captions & Fonts

Message 2 of 2
(3,594 Views)

The font is a bit hard to read, but on my set, the captioning has a continual mistake.  It inserts a small r in place of a small m (the capital M is OK) which can make for some difficult translations of the captioned text.  I've emailed the company that the credits say are doing the captioning a few times over the last several months, but have not received a response nor have they corrected this problem.  Seems like a pretty obvious error.  One would think that they would see this for themselves and fix it (maybe they've run out of m's?).  This continual typo makes understanding the captioning difficult at times no matter what font the text is displayed in.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.