Coax cable grounded?
Bobseger

Hi. Yesterday, I added Fios TV to my pre-existing Fios internet service. I recently bought a new house, and it was supposedly already wired through Verizon. I set up the tv box myself, but after watching TV for about an hour, my brand new TV had a malfunction and part failure. The tv is being replaced this week, but I can’t help but worry that the problem in the TV is related to the Verizon TV box, given the timing. 

I can’t figure out how to post pictures here..  but outside, I have a Verizon box which appears to be grounded. However, there is another black wire coming up from the ground, it runs for about three feet before going back underground. Is it possible this wire isn’t grounded and could be my issue?  It’s obviously possible that my TV just happened to fail at that time, but the timing was quite a coincidence. 
thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Coax cable grounded?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before you reply hit Browse files to attach and hit the camera icon and you can take a picture. Most likely a coincidence though. Do you have a outlet test. Make sure the receptacle is wired correctly. 

0 Likes