Coax outlet installation
Ps4fanboi

My room doesnt havent any coax outlets. I want to have cable in my room. Would a tech be able to install and outlet and set up the cable?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Coax outlet installation
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ps4fanboi wrote:

Im gonna be moving ( its a house) i have fios. But nothing is setup

Did you run the address in the Fios site to make sure Fios is available there? If so, and it hasn't already been installed, a tech has to run a line to the house, install an ONT, then run coax and cat5 to your router. There there is usually a splitter installed near the ONT that sends coax to the rooms you need it in. Also cat5 can be run from router to where you need it. Everything depends on your situation, whether wires are run through walls, in basement, attic, or outside of house. Install usually takes the better part of a day if it's a totally new install, less if there is existing wiring. Again the mini boxes work wirelessly,  so you may not need coax everywhere if you use Fios One.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as the building you are in gets cable, most likely yes.  There will be a charge though. If you are using the Fios one boxes, the mini does not need a cable connection, only the VMS box and the router. You can setup tech online or by phone.

@Ps4fanboi wrote:

My room doesnt havent any coax outlets. I want to have cable in my room. Would a tech be able to install and outlet and set up the cable?

Ps4fanboi

How do techinicans install outlets?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on your existing setup. Are you in a house or apartment bldg? Do you have Fios already?

@Ps4fanboi wrote:

Ps4fanboi

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Ps4fanboi 

So Far you have said this

I want to have cable in my room.
Im gonna be moving
( its a house)
i have fios.  ........................  What equipment? What Plan ?

Equipment Model Nos. ?
Router
Set Top Box
DVR
But nothing is setup ..........Where are they now ? are any already installed ?

where are they "located"

Please provide more SPECIFIC information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ps4fanboi wrote:

Did you run the address in the Fios site to make sure Fios is available there? If so, and it hasn't already been installed, a tech has to run a line to the house, install an ONT, then run coax and cat5 to your router. There there is usually a splitter installed near the ONT that sends coax to the rooms you need it in. Also cat5 can be run from router to where you need it. Everything depends on your situation, whether wires are run through walls, in basement, attic, or outside of house. Install usually takes the better part of a day if it's a totally new install, less if there is existing wiring. Again the mini boxes work wirelessly,  so you may not need coax everywhere if you use Fios One.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ps4fanboi wrote:

FiOS techs are not required to wall fish. So if you want cable in the walls you will need to hire an electrician.