Codes for devices other than TVs with P265 remote?
flyerhell

Hi everyone,

I have the Verizon P265 remote. I would like to set it up to work with my stereo system to be able to adjust the volume but I noticed that only TV codes are included in the code list. Is it possible to use this remote control with devices other than TVs?

Thanks very much!

0 Likes
Re: Codes for devices other than TVs with P265 remote?
Justin46
Legend

@denniss516 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have the Verizon P265 remote. I would like to set it up to work with my stereo system to be able to adjust the volume but I noticed that only TV codes are included in the code list. Is it possible to use this remote control with devices other than TVs?

Thanks very much!

No.

Your best bet for a remote to do what you want is to try to find one of the Verizon 4-button remotes or buy a programmable remote. Verizon lists their 4-button remote on this site for $11.99:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts?LOBCode=C&PromoTCode=A0760&PromoS...

I don't know if they really have any they will sell you though, but I guess it can't hurt to try.

Many people think that Logitech Harmony remotes are very good, although I think they are pretty expensive.

Another option might be, if you don't want to buy a remote control, to reprogram the P265 to control the volume on the STB rather than on the TV. Then you could set the voume on your stereo system to a reasonable level and adjust the volume on the STB.  The little instruction booklet that comes with the P265 describes how to do that.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Codes for devices other than TVs with P265 remote?
flyerhell

Thanks very much!

0 Likes