Switch Account

Complaint- Experience with FiOS Tech Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Complaint- Experience with FiOS Tech Support

Message 1 of 1
(601 Views)

Our household has been a FiOS customer since Verizon installed the fiber optic infrastructure and network in the Springfield, VA area several years ago.  We have recently experienced a horrendous two weeks with your FiOS maintenance and troubleshooting services.

We activated the Caller-ID function on our FiOS TV early this year 2012 and experienced intermittent and erratic service through April.  In May the Caller-ID service on TV failed completely.  Several calls to Technical Support failed to correct the problem but since we were frequently traveling loss of Caller_ID was not much of an issue.

June 28, I again reported the problem and after over two hours on the phone with Verizon Technical Support and the problem still existing we were promised a fix by 1800 local I July.

30 June, another two plus hours on the phone troubleshooting finally resulted in an agreement to send a new router but no in home tech support- “I am not authorized” etc.  After being cut off or dropped, I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor: I was passed to several people including Business Solutions but never a Technical Support supervisor.

1 July, Sunday an actual network technician called and after another two hours of troubleshooting agreed an in-home service call was necessary to correct the problem.  First agreeable time was Friday 6 July AM.  The new router arrived on the 2nd or 3rd of July, remaining it in the box for the Verizon FiOS technician to install.

6 July, Verizon FiOS technician arrived on time and replaced the original Verizon provided router and FiOS TV coax adapter with the new Verizon branded router.  He made a blinking light check of the router and I was able to open a web browser.  His attempts to activate Caller-ID on the TV (original problem) were unsuccessful.  After an hour and half he told me it was a network problem- “call Technical Support”.  He left and apparently closed the original trouble ticket.  After lunch, I tried to access my Verizon email- no internet.  Called Technical Support and after another two hours of redundant troubleshooting, Technical Support agreed the new Verizon router was not functioning properly (broken).  The next available appointment for an in-home service call to fix the problem which the Verizon technician left me with was Monday 9 July AM.

9 July, Verizon FiOS technician arrived on time, replaced the Network Interface Device (NID) and router, reconfigured the NID to router connections and reinitialized/reset all parameters.  Success: Caller _ID displays on TV and internet access is restored.

In Summary, after two weeks filled with the frustration of long wait times, dropped calls, misrouting, repeated and redundant troubleshooting, incessant robo calls asking confirmation that the problem is corrected, an incompetent in-home service call and three days of internet outage, I believe Verizon owes us more than a “Thank you for choosing Verizon".

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.