Switch Account

Component - Losing Signal Frequently

Component - Losing Signal Frequently

Contributor Hatsumomo
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(7,070 Views)

*I'm not using HDMI because when they installed HD FiOS on my TV, they said that HDMI wasn't working so they put in the component cables.*

I have been losing signal quite often, sometimes several times in the duration of a half-hour show. It can't be the weather because 1.) FiOS shouldn't be affected by the weather and 2.) this happens rain or shine. When the set-top box comes back on, my TV says that the box is in stand-by mode and to press MENU to watch television. It's become extremely irritating.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(7,067 Views)
Its a issue with the most current software. If you change the vedio settings from 1080i to 720p it should work for you. At least until the issue is fixed by verizon.
Contributor Hatsumomo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(7,001 Views)
It didn't work. The signal still cuts out. Maybe not as frequently, but it's still constant.
Contributor norgegolf
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(6,951 Views)

same thing with me they said that HDMI cable wasn't working and said that they had to use component cables. Now Tonite i was watching TV an between 7pm and 9:30 the HD DVR cut out about 15 times....Must say I am royally upset!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this issue??? 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.