Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Computer app for viewing live TV?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Computer app for viewing live TV?

Message 1 of 6
(1,216 Views)

I don't know if this is the right category or subsection or whatever the case may be, but I was wondering if it would be possible for Verizon to make an app for computers that would enable them to be able to stream live TV, just like the Verizion Fios Mobile app for various mobile devices. If there is already one, which I'm unaware of, where would I look for it, where can I download it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Computer app for viewing live TV?

Message 2 of 6
(1,208 Views)

Not an app but if you go to tv.verizon.com you can watch channels there.

Not all, but a fair number

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,182 Views)

no computer app but if you get a slingbox you can watch anything from your stb on the computer. I have the slingbox 500

and i love it, i don't watch on the computer because i prefer my samsung 4k uhd tv at home and slingbox when i am away.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(1,172 Views)

One of the things I miss from Cablevision, in their computer/tablet app you can watch everything you pay for.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(791 Views)

Cablevision does offer Windows support?!  Maybe I should switch since Verizon obviously has interest in ever supporting Windows.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 6
(783 Views)

Got this from the Optimum website in regards to their windows app:

The Optimum App on Laptop is currently not supported on Windows tablets or Windows handheld devices.

So yes you can watch on a PC, but not windows mobile devices.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.