Configuring Motorola DVR QIP 6416-2 with SD TV, DVD player and
newtown01

I am hoping someone can help me with this.  I received the Motorola HD-DVR 6416-2 for hook up with my SD TV as I was assured by Verizon that it would work.  And it does, but this DVR does not have a RF OUT connection like my old STB which is screwing me up.  The way I have it configured now, I have to change the input on my TV to Video1 to watch TV and to Video3 to watch DVD's instead of just having the TV set to channel 3 for everything which I prefer.  My current configuration is as follows: 

1. Coaxial cable from wall to "RF IN" on DVR.

2. A/V composite cables out from DVR to TV.

3. A/V composite cables out from TV to DVD player.

4. Digital audio coaxial cable out from DVD player to audio receiver.

Here are my questions:

I have a old RF Modulator that has coaxial cable connections "TO TV" and "ANT IN" and an A/V composite connection. 

1. Could I use the modulator in my configuration to change the composite signal to an RF signal to be able to view TV and DVD's on channel 3?

2. And if so, since I don't get HD picture anyway, would this compromise the picture? 

3. If not, what would be the best way to change my configuration above to include the RF modulator?

4. Or would it just be best to contact Verizon and try to exchange this HD-DVR for an SD-DVR that has a RF OUT connector? 

Any help regarding this matter would be most appreciated.  I tried to get help via LIVE CHAT on Verizon and it was a HUGE waste of time.  Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Configuring Motorola DVR QIP 6416-2 with SD TV, DVD player and
Jerrold_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your trouble. RF modulator could be used for all your media devices. If you are able to connect DVR and DVD to modulator and set to channel 3 with coax connected to TV. You should be good with this configuration also. Or you could just leave as is and have TV determine inputs. You could keep your RCA connections straight to TV, it will give you a better picture being that audio and video signals will be on separate cables.

Thanks,

Jerrold_VZ

0 Likes