Confused about my new multiroom install
travis

I had existing internet service that I bundled with TV.  I have 3 TVs, 2 HD and 1  SD.  I told the rep we wanted DVR functionality and she said no prob.  We chatted and I came away thinking we'd be able to record from 2 TVs but watch recorded programs on any.

After the install I can record on either HD set, but the 3 stb are not sharing the recored content.  Recording on HD TV1 can't be seen anywhere else.  Recording on HD TV2 can also be seen by the SD TV.

Confused.

I'm fine with this setup, but I'd like to "pair" the SD stb with HD TV1 instead.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Confused about my new multiroom install
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

lets see... how about this.

dvr #1

dvr #2

sd box #3

Both dvr's #1 and #2 can pause/rw/ff live tv

sd box #3 cannot

If DVR #1 is the hub then #1 and #3 can share RECORDED shows #2 is out of the loop.

or

if DVR #2 is the hub, then #2 and #3 can share RECORDED shows and then #1 would be out of the loop.

#1 and #2 cannot share info at all.

THE ONLY THING THE SD BOX CAN PAUSE/FF/RW IS RECORDED PROGRAMS NOT LIVE

Message Edited by spacedebris on 04-20-2009 11:27 AM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Only one DVR can be designated as the multiroom unit, not both. Switch the DVR locations if you'd like to just access it from the one you mentioned.
0 Likes
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1
Multi room DVR's can only talk to other non DVR's. The multi-room cannot speak to other DVR's. Also only one dvr can be selected as the "hub". you can call verizon and they will swap the box for you if you want it to draw from the other dvr.
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Agreed, easiest thing to do would be to call and have them change the multiroom dvr feature from one stb to another -- shouldn't take long at all.
0 Likes
travis

Thanks everyone for the info.  I guess I was under the impression that we'd have a single dvr servicing 3 TVs.  Two of which would be able to record/play/pause and the 3rd only able to playback recorded content.

If we have 2 DVRs, should the 2ndary SD TV be able to record/play/pause live TV?

0 Likes
travis

Just to make that question a little clearer

If we have 2 DVRs, shouldn't the 2ndary SD TV be able to record/play/pause live TV on the multiroom (hub) dvr?

0 Likes
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

lets see... how about this.

dvr #1

dvr #2

sd box #3

Both dvr's #1 and #2 can pause/rw/ff live tv

sd box #3 cannot

If DVR #1 is the hub then #1 and #3 can share RECORDED shows #2 is out of the loop.

or

if DVR #2 is the hub, then #2 and #3 can share RECORDED shows and then #1 would be out of the loop.

#1 and #2 cannot share info at all.

THE ONLY THING THE SD BOX CAN PAUSE/FF/RW IS RECORDED PROGRAMS NOT LIVE

Message Edited by spacedebris on 04-20-2009 11:27 AM
0 Likes