Confused and Frustrated
tamiller731

So yes, I know there are still people without power in my area, and I should be thankful for only having to wait 3 days for ours.  I do have a comment though regarding the Verizon response to outages.

I had a Verizon labeled bucket truck roll up to my door to fix my connectivity that was severed by a tree limb, only to learn that the crew was only capable of fixing copper coax connections.  The were not equipped with the knowledge or supplies to fix the FiOS line that they were sent to take care of.

Seems like all Verizon response crews should be able to respond to a FiOS outage.  I don't believe it's that uncommon anymore.  Why isn't this part of standard training?

0 Likes
Re: Confused and Frustrated
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Repairing fiber is much more difficult than repairing copper.  In addition to training, a completely different set of tools need to be used including a special splicing truck.

FiOS is not installed in all areas that have copper, and even where it is installed not all customers have it.

So yes, it does make sense that not all techs can repair fiber.

The bigger question is why didn't Verizon know you had FiOS before hand and why did the send the wrong crew?

Good Luck.

0 Likes