Connect soundbar to Polaroid TV and/or Fios STB
DelSil
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a fairly old Polaroid TV with HDMI and I am trying to connect my LG soundbar with a wireless subwoofer to it since the sound on the tv speakers have gone bad (and  do not want to really buy a new tv). The soundbar has an optical line but when I hooked it up to Fios STB I could still hear sound coming from the TV speakers. This stuff confuses me so not sure if the soundbar needs to be directly hooked up to the TV or if their is setting on STB to make sure only sound comes from the soundbar. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connect soundbar to Polaroid TV and/or Fios STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should be an option on the TV to use external speakers only. You're fine using the optical out of the box, if the TV has optical out you could also use that. If no option to use external speakers on TV, just put the TV in mute, or turn volume all the way down.

View solution in original post

Re: Connect soundbar to Polaroid TV and/or Fios STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should be an option on the TV to use external speakers only. You're fine using the optical out of the box, if the TV has optical out you could also use that. If no option to use external speakers on TV, just put the TV in mute, or turn volume all the way down.