Connecting Bose System to Fios Remote
JB3
Has anyone had any success with programming their Bose System to the Phillips Remote that Verizon supplies....I am looking for a Bose Code that works....tried searching and all the normal ways with a Verizon Tech with no luck...
0 Likes
Re: Connecting Bose System to Fios Remote
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
You can try using the code search feature of the FiOS remote or do what i did and get a Harmony 670
Message Edited by Joe01880 on 08-12-2008 08:03 PM
0 Likes
JB3
Thanks...I tried doing a search...nothing came up....I assume the Harmony is another remote???
0 Likes
goalpost

I guess my first question is what type of  Bose system are you trying to hook up.

Some of the top end Bose  systems do NOT use infrared like regular remotes.  They actually use RF  so It can be transmitted from anywhere in the house.

I have one of  the Lifestyle units and I am in the same dilemma as you.

Unless somebody out there knows of a third party remote that can do both

Thanks

Goalpost

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

Yes Harmony is a remote control, a very good remote control and doing a little research for you i found the Harmony 890 can be programed to operate thee BOSE Lifestyle systems.

On Amazon the 890 runs $287.00

Some of the less expensive Harmony Remotes may also work with Bose Systems but you will have to do your own homework on that issue.

goto the Logitech/Harmon site and in the search space type in BOSE and read on.

Here is a direct link!

0 Likes
JB3
Thank you so much for your help! I will check into it!
0 Likes
BananaSlug

I programmed my Bose Lifestyle remote to control my 7216 by selecting in the remote control menu on the Lifestyle, cable/sat; Motorola, 1376. I found many other codes for Moto that worked. None of the codes controlled all the STB but I did get the controls are mostly used. Menu on the Bose remote, selects the DVR menu showing all the recording and playback. The guide,channel and volume work. The widget works, at least the one we have here.

A caution here. The advantage in using the Bose remote is that it is RF meaning the Bose box can be obscured from view of its remote. The Bose box controls all the other remoted devices such as the STB and the TV by emitting infrared, so the other boxes such as the TV and STB have to have visibility to the Bose. The STB is IR visible to the Bose box since I have one stacked on the other. In the case of my TV, I have to bring out the Bose supplied infrared source cable out to the TV to get the IR signal out.
0 Likes