SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting Fios One Mini to Orbi AX4200 satellite via wifi

Message 1 of 3
(369 Views)

Hello,

I recent purchased a Orbi AX4200 Router and (2) AX4200 Satellites to use with my Fios home network.  

I set up the Orbi system per the Orbi / Verizon installations; disabling the wifi on the Fios Quantum Gateway router to use the Orbi network.  All works great except for the Fios TV One mini box.  I can't get it to connect via wifi without the Gateway router.  If I enable wifi on the Gateway I can connect via wifi but this creates a conflict with other devices on the Orbi network.

Verizon tech support hasn't been any help.  

Suggestions?  Thanks.  Larry   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Connecting Fios One Mini to Orbi AX4200 satellite via wifi

Message 3 of 3
(293 Views)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 2 of 3
(317 Views)

@ld1 wrote:

Hello,

I recent purchased a Orbi AX4200 Router and (2) AX4200 Satellites to use with my Fios home network.  

I set up the Orbi system per the Orbi / Verizon installations; disabling the wifi on the Fios Quantum Gateway router to use the Orbi network.  All works great except for the Fios TV One mini box.  I can't get it to connect via wifi without the Gateway router.  If I enable wifi on the Gateway I can connect via wifi but this creates a conflict with other devices on the Orbi network.

Verizon tech support hasn't been any help.  

Suggestions?  Thanks.  Larry   

Problem is the mini needs to see a hidden network provided by the Fios router. There is a way in the service menu to change it, it's in another post in this forum, I just can't remember which. You could also hardwire the mini to one of the extenders with ethernet. Actually way more reliable than wireless.

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 3 of 3
(294 Views)
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.