Switch Account

Connecting a Sony PlayStation

Connecting a Sony PlayStation

Contributor rbartone
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(2,843 Views)

I would like to replace my FIOS issued DVR with a SonyPlaystation and use the Sony to record programs. Can it be done? Do I have to still get the High Def receiver from FIOS or can it be programmed directly?

If it can't be programmed to received the feed directly, does FIOS have any plans to provide end users with this ability in the future?

Thanks

rbartone

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(2,838 Views)

@rbartone wrote:

I would like to replace my FIOS issued DVR with a SonyPlaystation and use the Sony to record programs. Can it be done? Do I have to still get the High Def receiver from FIOS or can it be programmed directly?

If it can't be programmed to received the feed directly, does FIOS have any plans to provide end users with this ability in the future?

Thanks

rbartone

Every channel except the locals are encrypted, so you either need a STB or a tuner card to get any "cable" channels. You could hook up the PS3 between the STB and TV to record but you can only record the signal out to the TV that way. Kind of defeats the purpose.

"If your problem has been solved, please mark it as such. Don't forget to hand out your Kudos!"
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(2,822 Views)

I have a PS3 and I'm pretty certain you cannot use it as a DVR.  It doesn't even have a VIDEO-IN port, so I'm not quite sure how it would work anyways.  Your best bet is to build an HTPC (Home Theater PC).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.