Connecting my internet TV to FIOS internet?
sdmarine

Hello,

I would like to hook my internet TV to FIOS internet.  I currently have FIOS for everything (TV, interent, phone).  My TV is not wi-fi and needs a wired connection.  My router is hooked up to my desktop computer in another room so that is not an option.  My DVR is hooked up in the family room to FIOS and to the TV.  However, there is only one wired connection from the wall.  Can someone help me with this?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Connecting my internet TV to FIOS internet?
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

sdmarine,

You have a few options.  You can run a Ethernet cable from the router by way of a drop cable or you can get  the outlet in that room activated as a Ethernet jack , you could run a powerline  connection or you can setup a wireless bridge.  This is not something we support but the manufacturer of the TV should be able to provide this information for you.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
sdmarine

Thank you Tonya.  Looks like I am going to have to pay extra for a USB Wi-Fi.  Verizon is not  a network ahead, but a few networks behind!  I wish I had U-verse.

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@sdmarine wrote:

Thank you Tonya.  Looks like I am going to have to pay extra for a USB Wi-Fi.  Verizon is not  a network ahead, but a few networks behind!  I wish I had U-verse.

You can get a much faster & more reliable internet connection if you happen to have an extra coax connection by the TV (or use a coax splitter).

Google this:  Actiontec Ethernet over Coax MoCA Adapter (model ECB2200)

Here's a FAQ on getting this setup

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15984