Switch Account

Connection options

SOLVED
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(3,511 Views)

Hi!

I current have fios internet and phone and I have recenty added the tv.  I am scheduled for hook up next week.

in the meantime, my Sony tube tv is having problems with the cable connection.  The color goes from color to b/w and there is an intermittant staticky/popping sound. I have tested all the wires on a 13in tv and everything works fine, so as far as I can tell, it is the cable on the tv itself. also the tv works fine playing a dvd.

Its an 8 year old Sony tv and although I "want" a flat screen, I did not want to buy that now.

can the fios be hooked up without using that connection?

I see  an S video in the back and component cables that I use with the dvd player.

any ideas before the tech gets here?

Amy

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
(3,503 Views)

Hello Songbird69

The sd stbs that Verizon will supply you has composite connections that you could use. Since your tv is 8 yrs old there may only be one set of connections in the back.  If this is the case you could buy a composite cable splitter  which are relatively inexpensive.

Frank
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(3,499 Views)

Thank you!

If those are the red, white and yellow, I do have at least two sets.

do they provide the wires, or do I have to get them myself?

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 4
(3,493 Views)

Hello again Songbird69,

Yes they are the red white and yellow cables, and verizon will supply you with the nessessary supplys to make the service work.

Frank
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.