Connection options
Songbird69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!

I current have fios internet and phone and I have recenty added the tv.  I am scheduled for hook up next week.

in the meantime, my Sony tube tv is having problems with the cable connection.  The color goes from color to b/w and there is an intermittant staticky/popping sound. I have tested all the wires on a 13in tv and everything works fine, so as far as I can tell, it is the cable on the tv itself. also the tv works fine playing a dvd.

Its an 8 year old Sony tv and although I "want" a flat screen, I did not want to buy that now.

can the fios be hooked up without using that connection?

I see  an S video in the back and component cables that I use with the dvd player.

any ideas before the tech gets here?

Amy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connection options
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello again Songbird69,

Yes they are the red white and yellow cables, and verizon will supply you with the nessessary supplys to make the service work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Songbird69

The sd stbs that Verizon will supply you has composite connections that you could use. Since your tv is 8 yrs old there may only be one set of connections in the back.  If this is the case you could buy a composite cable splitter  which are relatively inexpensive.

0 Likes
Songbird69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

If those are the red, white and yellow, I do have at least two sets.

do they provide the wires, or do I have to get them myself?

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello again Songbird69,

Yes they are the red white and yellow cables, and verizon will supply you with the nessessary supplys to make the service work.

0 Likes