Constant Freezing
LTrotter
Enthusiast - Level 3
My main set-top box has been freezing constantly for the last few weeks. It's happened three times in the last two days now; the latest was just an hour ago. I turn on the TV to find a frozen image and I can't change the channel, bring up the info, anything. Turning off the box only gives me a blank black screen, and I can't turn it back on or anything else. The only way to fix it is to unplug the box and plug it back in, but it's getting irritating having to do that so often. Please help.
0 Likes
Re: Constant Freezing
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the trouble that you are having with the picture on your television. While the Set Top Box is unplugged you can reseat the coaxial cable from the bos ( unscrew and screw it back on) to see if this helps. If not, go to:

Menu>Customer Support>Self Diagnostics>Start to run the diagnostic test on your Set Top Box. Let me know what the OOB S/N ratio is. I also sent you a PM.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
LTrotter
Enthusiast - Level 3
I tried resetting the coaxial cable, and that seemed to work for a few days, but it was frozen again this morning. In addition, DVR playback of HD programs have been freezing more frequently. We've had the DVR issue in the past, but it's been a while and now it's more frequent. The program will begin skipping/pausing a bit before completely freezing and forcing me to unplug the box. Anyway, I ran a diagnostic test on the box. The OOB S/N ratio is 23 db. Is this good or bad? 😕 I look forward to your reply. Thank you.
0 Likes
sheri777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get an answer after you shared the OOB S/N ratio?? I'm having the same problem, followed Verizon's suggestion...No improvement

0 Likes