Contacting Verizon
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
The top of the forum says these are for peer-to-peer support and if we need to contact Verizon directly, they provide a link ... which leads to lists of phone numbers.  What's the use? I want to complain about the truly terrible channel/content listings.  You know, the same thing many, many people have complained about and yet Verizon refuses to do anything about then to make them better (*cough cough -Verizon, stop being so cheap and get a better provider- cough cough*) and yet the phone numbers would have me talking to some poor phone person who has nothing to do with making changes to the service.  That, my friends, is the epitome of terrible customer service _and_ arrogance on the part of the company.
{post title edited for clarity}
Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 01-11-2009 02:22 PM
Re: Contacting Verizon
Justin46
Legend

Don't give up yet!

Here is a link to a thread on dslreports.com with some perhaps useful information on contacting Verizon:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21525186-Verizon-cannot-upgrade-me-to-Extreme-HD

The contacts are not in the first post, you need to scroll down a little bit.

Last weekend I sent an email to Mr. Seidenberg about the Guide content quality issue. I have so far received three phone calls, from Dallas, New York, and Mansfied, OH, about my complaint, and I have been promised another call this coming Tuesday. There is no real progress at this point, but at least someone took notice of my complaint, and it is being looked at. If I don't get any satisfaction I will try again, and again, and again if necessary.

One thing about this problem with the quide quality: I don't think we can reasonably expect a "quick fix." Verizon surely has a contract with FYI, and the first steps would have to be to try to get them to improve the accuracy of the data. That wil take time. Then, if that doesn't work, there would have to be some negotiation with another provider, and probably legal action to break the original contract. So unfortunately I suspect we are in for a fairly long wait, unless FYI agrees to step up and fix the problem, which to me would be the best option.

Anyway, I think there is still hope!

Keller, TX

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 01-11-2009 02:21 PM
0 Likes
Re: Contacting Verizon
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1

Justin - Thanks for talking me down off the ledge 🙂 I'll give those numbers/contact info a try.

What I think it really interesting is I can't come up with a single press release on the Verizon site about their partnership with FYI Television. But, as an indicator of how lousy FYI is, check out their site: http://www.fyitelevision.com/ Hardly professional looking ... But, as a real indicator, they link to an online service this provide, except they don't: http://www.udigtv.com/privatelabel/ They've canceled the service, and yet still link to it.  Yeah, I've got a lot of faith in them 😉

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 01-11-2009 02:21 PM
0 Likes