Control DVR with Multiple Devices
biglysh341

How do I control my DVR with multiple devices. I have the new app on the iTouch and my roommate has a blackberry, we cannot figure out how to register both phones to the DVR. I thought the upgraded app said it can be controlled with multiple devices!?!?

0 Likes
Re: Control DVR with Multiple Devices
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@biglysh34 wrote:

How do I control my DVR with multiple devices. I have the new app on the iTouch and my roommate has a blackberry, we cannot figure out how to register both phones to the DVR. I thought the upgraded app said it can be controlled with multiple devices!?!?

The only way I've found  to do it is with the FiOS app on my wife's iPhone and using the My TV Central website on my iPad. 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Update:  I just installed the new FiOS DVR app on my iPad.  It works and the app on my wife's iPhone also still works.

The only downside is the app is only available in iPhone version.  It would be nice it they released an iPad version to take advantage of the bigger screen and better resolution.

0 Likes
ESN612
Enthusiast - Level 2
They recently released a new version specifically for the iPad called FiOS mobile. It is way better. Fills the screen. Let's you control multiple dvrs. And I can still use the separate blackberry version, although that only let's you control one dvr.
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@enadan wrote:
They recently released a new version specifically for the iPad called FiOS mobile. It is way better. Fills the screen. Let's you control multiple dvrs. And I can still use the separate blackberry version, although that only let's you control one dvr.

Thanks for the tip!  The iPad specific app is better than using the iPhone app on iPad.

I hope a few improvements will be forthcoming in though.

1)  When you look at a specific program in the guide it should indicate if that show is scheduled to record, as does the IMG.

2)  Series manager should be available on the mobile app.

3)  You should be able to see scheduled programs further in to the future.  As is I see what's scheduled for today and tomorrow.  Why not further in to the future?

Overall, though, a step in the right direction.

0 Likes