Controlling AV Receiver sound with Fios TV One Remote
CrazyCzech

My setup is cable box - Receiver - TV.

TV - Samsung Qled 70R

Receiver - Yamaha RXV679

Cable Box and Remote - Fios TV One

My cable box and Receiver are behind walls. I set everything up going through the menus. The fios remote works the receiver only by pointing at it. It wont work the volume in front of the TV.  My old Samsung LED worked fine with the old verizon remote. It changed the volume on the receiver when I picked Audio out in the TV menu and not TV speaker. When I picked TV speaker it changed the volume on the TV. I dont know why its not working with the new TV or Remote now. In menu I only have TV speaker and optical and Bluetooth. Optical and TV speaker makes no change. Sound comes through my Receiver either way. I also Have fixed pick.  I know I can control the Receiver with the phone App but I would like the remote to do it for other people. Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Controlling AV Receiver sound with Fios TV One Remote
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First try power cycling the Fios box. Then if that doesn't help,  go to menu, settings  voice control, fios TV voice remote, program fios TV voice remote, reset remote setup, then manually enter device info for your TV and receiver.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First try power cycling the Fios box. Then if that doesn't help,  go to menu, settings  voice control, fios TV voice remote, program fios TV voice remote, reset remote setup, then manually enter device info for your TV and receiver.

Desrobella

The next time you turn off the TV and then turn it back on the settings revert back.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning off CEC in the menu for the tv. For Samsung it's called Anynet+. You may also have to change it in the receiver.

0 Likes