Copying Favorites
comish4lif2

Since, I cannot filter my channel guide by the channels that I am subscribed to, I have gone through and made a favorites list based on that criteria.

I have 3 STBs, do I have to go through this online all 3 times - is there a way to copy the settings from one to the other?

How do other people deal with this? it's driving me crazy to have the channel guide showing all these channels that I don't need. Ugh.

0 Likes
Re: Copying Favorites
comish4lif2

Also, I have 4 total STBs, but I can only see the favorites for the main STB with the DVR and not the other 3 STBs. Two of the 3 are HD and the last one is a regular SD box.

Should I be able to add the faves online for all 4 STBs?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

You can only program favorites on the website for DVR's. I wish Verizon would bring back that option too of filtering out channels, they used to have it, doing it by Favorites is a poor workaround.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@comish4lif2 wrote:

I have 3 STBs, do I have to go through this online all 3 times - is there a way to copy the settings from one to the other?

How do other people deal with this? it's driving me crazy to have the channel guide showing all these channels that I don't need. Ugh.

No, there is no way to copy favorites from one STB to another. I and others have asked for this function, no response from Verizon that I have ever seen, so who knows???? But it most certainly would be a nice addition.

As to how other people handle it, al I can say is that I have one DVR and two other STBs, I created favrorites lists on each when the feature first became available, have had to re-create them two or three times over the years, but have not had to do that for several years now. And once you get the list set up, add or deleting individual entries is easy using the Options button on the Remote control.

I understand that you don't like the procedure, but if you are using Verizon STBs, as opposed to a Tivo for example, there really isn't any choice, you either take the time to set up a Favorites list, or you see all of the channels when you surf. It's up to you. For me, I bit the bullet years ago and am now satisfied and comfortable with it.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hear ya about the multiple STB's ... I have 5 STB's (1 Home Media DVR and 4 HD STB's) and ended up doing the favorites thing on each one.     The DVR was easy since I could do it on the web, but the others we manual (I did the DVR first and then wrote down all the channel numbers so I could just do down the screen on the other boxes and not have to pay attention to each channel name, etc.)

And wait ... it gets better ... once you're all done, one of the boxes will fail and you'll have to get it replaced.   Then you'll have the joy of doing that new box all over again.   Murphy's Law.

0 Likes