Customer NO-Service
mmoris5820
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone should record any and all conversations with Verizon reps because they will say whatever they can to get you to agree to extend your contract.

I've been lied to more times than I can count.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the fios internet, tv, and phones service they provide, but when I've tried to get technical support on their DVR boxes(which suck), it's been pitiful.

They tell me that they haven't heard of my problem before, but I find multiple entries on this forum about it and people saying that they can't get any help either.

They send me an email regarding my issue and the problem that they've typed up is different than the one I reported.

I've changed my service 3 times over the past 3 years and each time, they get it wrong.  The last one was I ordered 3 cable cards to use Tivo boxes and return their STB(s).  I was told to do so would require me to update to the newest programs which included higer internet speed and more HD tv channels.  Also, that they could mail the cable cards to me and didn't need to send a technician out with the included $80 fee.  I agreed to this which extended my contract for another year, and a cancellation fee, based on what they told me on the phone.

After 5 days and no cable cards, I called back and was told that they did need to send a tech out with the $80 fee to install the cards and also that they had no record of my ordering the cards.  A supervisor informed me that since the cards couldn't be mailed out, they must have cancelled that part of the order which was my reason for calling in the first place.  However, I did get another year contract extension out of the deal with a $175 cancellation fee.  The supervisor told me since I had agreed to the service, I couldn't get out of the cancellation fee.

Don't trust anything they say!  Get it in writing!  Record all phone calls for your protection!

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Now, I'm off my soap box.

0 Likes
Re: Customer NO-Service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
In order to avoid board clutter, we ask that you post your topic on one board only.
Please look ---> HERE for replies to your topic. Thank you.
0 Likes