Customer Service: Thumbs Up!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Customer Service: Thumbs Up!

Message 1 of 1
(3,303 Views)

I had a HD-DVR that would randomly reset itself & lock up on a weekly basis.  It would force us to do a hard reboot, by pulling the power cord almost every time.

Finally, on Thursday evening, it reset itself for the last time and would not restart, not even with the hard reboot.  I called customer service at 8pm and went through all the motions that the agent told me to try...  After nothing worked, I figured he would tell me to either bring it in for a replacement or do the UPS replacement.  When I asked about sending a truck with a replacement STB, he said "let me check".  We had to wait for what seemed like 10 minutes while he requested "authorization".  To my surprise, he got the authorization and set up an tech visit for the very next morning! He said I would only be charged for a truck roll if they determined that it was not a Verizon equipment problem.

[I almost wonder if during the authorization process, they are calculating the current schedule of all the installers in the area, to determine if its feasible, cost wise] 

The tech arrived with a new STB at 11am, installed it, and even replaced a digital converter that was having issues too.  He left his cell number and a FIOS rep even called on Saturday to see if everything was working okay...

Maybe this is an isolated incident, but FIOS customer service was TOP NOTCH! 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.