Customer Support
GlennQ

I have been on hold for over 45 min. Does anyone still work at Verizon? This is **bleep**. The new STB they sent does now work. I have replaced it with the one from my bed room and the TV works. Placed the new box in the bed room and it does not work. How do I get a replacement.............

0 Likes
Re: Customer Support
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@GlennQ wrote:

I have been on hold for over 45 min. Does anyone still work at Verizon? This is **bleep**. The new STB they sent does now work. I have replaced it with the one from my bed room and the TV works. Placed the new box in the bed room and it does not work. How do I get a replacement.............

Hello,

Has the new set top box worked for you since you first received it?

If not, has the STB been activated yet?

The activation instructions would have been included with your self-install package that was sent via mail.

If you don't have the instructions, you can go to verizon.com/repair and click on 'Activate Set Top Box', and then the 'online activation steps'.

You can also try to check the status of your set top box by going to that same link verizon.com/repair and then clicking on 'Set Top Box or DVR Not Working'.

To reach Verizon's Technical Support Department by phone, you can call 1-888-553-1555.

If Technical Support determines that it's an issue with the set top box, then you can request a replacement to be mailed out to you, or you can try to pick-up a replacement STB at a local FiOS TV store (call ahead first):

For a list of Verizon FiOS stores in your area:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

Sometimes it may not be the STB that is causing the problem but something as simple as checking the cables being used, the coax from the wall, or the TV input/settings.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
BT84
Waited 45 minutes before giving up
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles you are having with the box? Do you still need help with this? If so, reply back and we can fix this for you.

0 Likes
Apathy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

@BT84 wrote:

Yeah, good luck with that. I was on the phone on hold and talking to them for 2.5 hours and they STILL couldn't resolve the issue with an order I was having. None of their systems are tied together, none of them seem to have permission to do ANYTHING of use, and the company seems less than enthusiastic about providing ANY sort of remotely decent customer service.   I don't know about you, but I'm seriously considering cancelling ALL services with them when my contract runs out in a month and going with a competitor.

0 Likes
Apathy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

@BT84 wrote:

Yeah, good luck with that. I was on the phone on hold and talking to them for 2.5 hours and they STILL couldn't resolve the issue with an order I was having. None of their systems are tied together, none of them seem to have permission to do ANYTHING of use, and the company seems less than enthusiastic about providing ANY sort of remotely decent customer service.   I don't know about you, but I'm seriously considering cancelling ALL services with them when my contract runs out in a month and going with a competitor.

0 Likes