Customer with disability dealing with Customer Service, Services, Technicians, Supervisors etc
LC20141

I have a daughter with disability. Recently she was diagnosed with cancer and will have to stay at home more than she desires. In order to make life easier for her, I requested a cable box to her bedroom for her own comfort. We also have a cable box at the living room but it does not show anything the number of the channels, time or if the cable is on.

Undortunately it can be confusing for her to go to the menu all the time she wants to figure out wich channel she is at,,, and it was I was told when I requested a new cable for my living room like the one I received for my daughter's bedroom.

I have already mentioned and requested for a normal cable box showing the channel numbers to:

1. The technician who installed the box at first - a few years ago, who promissed he was coming back with a "normal" box but I never saw him again.

2. To the technician who came to my home to install my daughters' box on April 25 2014 - Jeffrey {edited for privacy}, who called his supervisor {edited for privacy} to tell her my request, and then told me that she promissed a new box the way I requested and per the reasons I have requested would be send to me no later than April 27. 

3. As none of my request worked I have to call the service departament of Verizon - today May 5 2014 to again explain this very personal and sad situation about why I want a box showing the channels to facilitate my daughter's life.

The answer the service department person gave me was that I need to request a more expensive box if I want the channels to show on it.

At the same situation, the answer that Jeffrey {edited for privacy} gave me was that they do not have or hand on this type of box???

We have been with Verizon since 2005/6... and at this point I don't know what else to do. To know that my daughter can watch TV from her living room and easily recognize the channels, I have to pay extra was too much for my understanding and patience with them.

Does anybody else have this problem with them? How that company can be so big and rich now, after all the complaints we see from their customers? Any tips?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer with disability dealing with Customer Service, Services, Technicians, Supervisors etc
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LC2014,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Customer with disability dealing with Customer Service, Services, Technicians, Supervisors etc
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes