quick menu

Cut the cord - ISH

Cut the cord - ISH

Contributor JBNJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(125 Views)

I would like to adjust my current Fios service to reflect that we now have a Smart Roku TV and a Roku box in the house of 4 TVS. My goal is to eliminate the STBs from the equation ($800/year!!).

When I disconnect the STB box and plug the CATV directly into my TV, I get plenty of local channels so this can be my "Antennae service" (NOTE: on the Smart TV I am able to view a version of the Guide). Roku boxes at all 4 TVs will give me the additional channels/apps we are looking for and we will be as functional as needed.

Fios has a 2 yr. promo for existing customers at $120/month...but it seems you MUST get STBs. I could not get around that online. I spoke to over seas Cust Srvc and am being quote $160/month for the same service, NO STBs, and 1 mandatory cable card.

Am I missing something or does this come down to STB revenue for Fios?

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 2 of 2
(103 Views)

Pretty similar to other providers.

Usually you can't get any TV service without a box or cable card.

So yes, it is about the money.

If not there, then fees would be higher.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios