DAC init
SUNA2

I am setting up the set up box, but [Step 3. Activation, Error code 3201, Waiting for DAC init.] Is displayed and will not proceed

0 Likes
Re: DAC init
rithaus2

I have the exact same issue.  Can you share the resoluition? 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can both of you add more detail?

What model router do you have?

What model STB do you have?

How is router connected to Internet?

Is this for new service or replacement?

0 Likes
SUNA2

>What model router do you have?
---FiOS-G1100
>What model STB do you have?
---VMS1100
>How is router connected to Internet?
---The router connected Internet.
>Is this for new service or replacement?
---New service (Moving into a new residence)

I then consulted with Verizon in chat, and as a result sent me a new STB.
Then I set up the newly sent STB again, but the same error is displayed again and after all I can not see Fios TV at the moment.

Does DAC mean Digital to Analog Converter?
Incidentally, I can not see television by antenna reception (coax cable). Does this have a relationship?

0 Likes
Tinker731

Trying to set up fios cable boxes self install. Internet hooked up no problem. When I went to connect the box I got an error code 3201, has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did u resolve it? Verizon wants to charge me 160 to have a tech come out after being on with tech support over two hours

0 Likes
Jasman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had this error. It took me about an hour to realize that, though I used to have Verizon, it was only FIOS Internet...no TV. Make sure you're using the Coax that's coming out of the ONT...not from the street. That was my problem anyway. As soon as I traced the Coax back from my TV and realized I was using the Coax cable from the street, I connected it to the splitter out of the ONT and that took care of everything. Hope that helps. 

Joe541

What’s ONT?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Joe54 wrote:

What’s ONT?

ONT is the Optical Network Terminal that Verizon installed from the Optical cable that comes from the outside to a box, which supplies ethernet and coax connections for your equipment. It usually looks like this once you open it up:

imageimageimage

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes