DCT 700 and QIP6416-2 issue
ritiger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the 2 boxes above in the same room.  I split the cable coming out of the wall and ran a cable to each stb.

The DCT 700 is used to on my Series 2 Tivo box so that it can record shows that I can not record with my QIP6416-2 box because of scheduling conflicts.

I inclosed the DCT 700 front panel so that only the Tivo LED emitter could change the channel on the DCT 700.

My problem is that if I press the LIST button which brings up the record shows listing on my QIP6416-2 box a big message pops up on the screen of the DCT 700 telling me the 'DVR not aviable'.  The message will remain on the DCT 700 screen for about 10 seconds.  This also gets recorded by the Tivo

How can I stop the DCT 700 from displaying this message that cover most of the screen and screws with the tivo recording.  It is very agrevating when I am try to watch a recorded show off the Tivo system.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DCT 700 and QIP6416-2 issue
ritiger
Enthusiast - Level 2

You were right HenryFarpolo I thought I had it blocked but it was not.  I found a box just big enough to fit over the front half the DCT 700 and that fixed it.

Thank you very much.

Message Edited by ritiger on 11-29-2008 12:00 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

You need to more effectively block the front of the DCT700. I don't have the TIVO setup you have, but I do have a DCT700 and a 6416 in the same TV stand. I can simulate your problem by moving the plastic I use to block the DCT700 over just a little. The signal from the remote can bounce around a bit and can find the receiver on the 700 if it isn't properly covered.

Try the cover. If it doesn't work, post back.

Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
Use black duct tape with aluminium foil under it, that'll do it!
0 Likes
ritiger
Enthusiast - Level 2

You were right HenryFarpolo I thought I had it blocked but it was not.  I found a box just big enough to fit over the front half the DCT 700 and that fixed it.

Thank you very much.

Message Edited by ritiger on 11-29-2008 12:00 PM
0 Likes
ritiger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks joe01880 that would work also, if the Tivo did not need to send channel change request to it.

With the box I can place the Tivo emitters inside also.

0 Likes