jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

First off I want to say I know my question has nothing to do with FIOS TV Service.  I don't know where else to go to ask this question.

My existing Samsung LED TV is connected to my Verizon ActionTec Router.  I recently purchased a Windows 7 laptop also connected to the Verizon Actiontec Router.  Both devices connect via wireless successfully.

Today when I hit the source button on the Samsung it says: DLNA1: LAPTOPNAME.  When I try to select the device I have options to view pictures, videos, etc but I can't view my pics or vid's.  .  Does anyone know how I can use DLNA to watch vidoes and pictures on my laptop and display on my TV? 

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Re: DLNA
micha1999

Hi, its off-topic, but I just set up DLNA myself for a Samsung. I got it to work with two different scenarios: 1. On a laptop I downloaded the "Samsung PC Share Manager" and ran it. You probably did that too because your laptop shows up on the TV. In order to get your movies to show up you have to share the folders, so that they will appear in the right side list in the application, and after that, you go to the menu "Share" / "Refresh DB". It will now scan the folders and make all included files available over the network. This worked for many formats (see manual) but not all.

The second scenario I did was setting up a Linux box with the program "Mediatomb". This you can fine tune to the n-th degree, and play virtually anything over DLNA capable devices, as it can transcode the video on the fly.

This DLNA feature is great ! Don't know how I could do without it for all those years 😉

0 Likes