DNS Failure
busterdave391

When running the self diagnostics test from the help menu, everything test fine EXCEPT for the DNS. Anyone know what this failure means, and how to correct it? It occurs on all STB's... Currently have 1 Home Media DVR and two STB's...

Also.... when viewing a DVR recorded program on another receiver, about 20 minutes into the program it starts fast forwarding by itself, and wont stop until I manually turn power off or it reaches the end of the program.. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

0 Likes
Re: DNS Failure
blueorder
I have the same DNS failure on my HD-DVR when running self diagnostics. It seems to be the culprit for me FiosTV Central not working. If I find a solution or someone provides it I'll post back.
0 Likes
MeatChicken1
Contributor - Level 2

If I'm not mistaken,  All Fios customers will currently get the "DNS" failure in the self diagnostics. It's been that way since they added the self-diag feature, & should have nothing to do current w/ Fios central operations.

Message Edited by MeatChicken on 12-11-2008 10:35 AM
0 Likes
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2
I've had the same problem with the 'runaway' DVR streaming to another STB. Its apparently a known problem with the 1.6 firmware, and it seems to be content related. When I've seen it, it happens at the same spot in the recording everytime, and like you, the only way I have found to stop it is to turn it off.
0 Likes
busterdave391
Thanks for all the replies. mattheww50 your exactly right. When I am watching a 30 minute program, 20 minutes into it, it starts FF'ing. Hope they fix it soon.. It's driving me crazy!!!
0 Likes