DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1

Message 1 of 3
(6,329 Views)

Can someone confirm that the sound from my DVR box via Optical Link to my home theater is indeed Dolby 5.1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1

Message 2 of 3
(6,292 Views)

@nyt wrote:

Can someone confirm that the sound from my DVR box via Optical Link to my home theater is indeed Dolby 5.1?

Yes and no.  It depends on the encoding from the program source.  There are many channels that only encode at 2.0.  Try HDNET or HDNET Movies - I believe they are always 5.1.  Also, some channels will send 5.1 encoding but only have 2.0 or 1.0 actual audio.

A lot of the local HD channels will only be 5.1 during prime time network.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 3
(6,293 Views)

@nyt wrote:

Yes and no.  It depends on the encoding from the program source.  There are many channels that only encode at 2.0.  Try HDNET or HDNET Movies - I believe they are always 5.1.  Also, some channels will send 5.1 encoding but only have 2.0 or 1.0 actual audio.

A lot of the local HD channels will only be 5.1 during prime time network.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(6,230 Views)

I noticed that usually the live Mets and Yankees games are in 5.1

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.