Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

DVD movies and DVR box

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVD movies and DVR box

Message 1 of 5
(5,544 Views)

I have a separate DVD player/stereo receiver, along with the Verizon DVR box.  Recently, I wanted to watch a DVD.  Had to take coax cable out of back of TV, hook up DVD cable to front of TV, and was finally able to watch DVD.

Any other options?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: DVD movies and DVR box

Message 2 of 5
(5,532 Views)

Why not have both connected to separate inputs on the rear of the TV?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 5
(5,496 Views)

@ambruno1132 wrote:

I have a separate DVD player/stereo receiver, along with the Verizon DVR box.  Recently, I wanted to watch a DVD.  Had to take coax cable out of back of TV, hook up DVD cable to front of TV, and was finally able to watch DVD.

Any other options?

If your TV only has one AV input, you could get an A/V switch that would allow you to switch between the VZ DVR and your DVD player. I would try to avoid COAX to the TV the best I could.

I have a similar small flat screen TV in my kitchen. COAX is for the Directv on channel 3 that is only used for a few spanish channels., The A/V input is used for the Verizon STB. I must switch inputs on the TV from tuner  set on channel 3 and A/V input. I had one TV that would tune to the A/V input at the bottom of the channel list on the TV tuner. Now if your only AV input is located in the front of the TV, you could get a coax switch for the COAX, or leave the DVR plugged into the front. A new TV would be nice but we all have our budgets.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(5,474 Views)

@KenAF wrote:

Why not have both connected to separate inputs on the rear of the TV?

Current TV only has a coax inout in back, and an aux in front.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(5,430 Views)

absent of additional source inputs on the TV, you could get a coax splitter for $3.  then, be sure to set your DVR channel input to channel 3 and the DVD player to channel 4 (or vice versa, but never the same).

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.