quick menu

DVD player has no color

DVD player has no color

Contributor angelmaddy
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(270 Views)

Hi, bought a new Samsung smart tv and apparently didn't put the jacks back in the right spots.  My DVD player works but it's in black and white.  How many jacks am I supposed to have and what colors are they suppose to be.  Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES
Bronze Contributor II Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(261 Views)

If it is connected using component wires. You will have green/blue/red for video and red/white for sound. The input on the TV will usually be name Component 1

Composite wires will be yellow for video and red/white for sound. That will usually be the AV 1 input. 

On alot of newer TVs the composite and component input are built in together. So you will have red/white for sound. Then there will be another blue/red for video. But the green input will also be yellow if you composite/av cables. 

Just make sure you are not mixing the red for sound with the red for video. 

Highlighted
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(236 Views)

Check your TV manual (might be online).

Most manuals give diagrams on how to connect devices to the TV.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios