DVD player
imb1
I have a Sony DVD player connected to my Samsung TV.  My Verizon remote has been programmed to run the DVD player and the TV so I can turn on both with the remote.  I have turned on the DVD player and it "plays" the DVD but nothing shows up on the TV. Pressing the A/V input button on the remote has no response.  How do I get to see the DVD movie on the TV screen?
0 Likes
Re: DVD player
Justin46
Legend

Stupid question, but you are pushing the TV button before trying to use the A/V button aren't you?  

If you use your Samsung remote to change the input on the TV does it work? If no, l think you have a TV problem. If yes, the my guess is that you have chosen the wrong code for the Verizon remote to control that particular TV. The little instruction book that came with my Verizon remote lists more than 20 codes for Samsung TVs, have you tried all of them?

Not that it helps any, but I have a Sony DVD player and a Sony TV, the code I use in the remote works just fine, the A/V button does change the input on the TV (only after pushing the TV button first!).

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Re: DVD player
anubisnyc

I have a similar question...I need Help! My DVD player is an all in one (5 disc cd/dvd changer/tuner audio system) Only one box..which saves space. But...

When they installed the FIOS TV, they never checked to see if the dvd input worked. Because they dont use the regular route of running coax in to box and coax out to tv..I think something got bypassed.. I just tried to watch a DVD for the first time tonight..I heard the audio of the dvd coming through the sound sysytem, but NO PICTURE. I changed the input channeds on the tv..but no picture on any of them. What do I do? the fios tv signal was set up to go to the input3(component) setting on the tv..did he set this up wrong? HELP!!

0 Likes