jsmith6752

My DVD stops recording right before the end of a show. It sucks when you watch the recording and the very end comes up short.

suggestions please  thanks

0 Likes
Re: DVD
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I assume you mean DVR.  When you schedule a recording you can modify the start/end times by going to the DVR menu, selecting scheduled recordings, the specific recording you want to change, and then select the modify start / end time.  Unfortunately, at present the minimum time that can be added is 5 minutes.

If it is a series you are recording (using the series manager) then you can set the same things in the series option.

The real problem is that many of the networks are not sticking to the time that is posted in the guide.  Nothing that can be done if they won't stick to their published time window.

0 Likes
Re: DVR
jsmith6752

thanks for your suggestion.........I will give it a try.    I just watched 12rounds of boxing on  HBO. I saw the whole fight and it shut off before they said who won  😞

0 Likes
jonzi

I just had FIOS installed and tried to play a DVD, but without success. I can't find anything that tells me how to do this. When the installation was done, I was led to believe that the remote that I had been using would still work in the same way but it doesn't. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Need more details. Tell us how your DVD player is connected to your TV.

DVD player needs to connect direct to TV not via FIOS STB.