DVI Error
ancampbellee

I've read the other posts for the DVI error, but none seem to offer solutions besides going to component cables.  Has any solution been presented?  I'm getting that error.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: DVI Error
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Unless the IMG 1.7 update fixed the problem, the only other consistent solution is still component canles.  I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but it is what it is.

0 Likes
lesinj

I still get he DVI error using component cables.  Does that mean my box is bad?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@lesinj wrote:

I still get he DVI error using component cables.  Does that mean my box is bad?

Did you disconnect the HDMI cable?  If it is still plugged in (even though not the active input) you may still see the error.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it wouldn't be the stb or box that is bad, but either the cable or that hdcp handshake problem (which there aren't good work arounds for besides going component)

Keep in mind though there are a lot of people that get DVI and are still able to watch tv normally without a problem, so just because you see dvi, it doesn't neccessarily mean anything.   If you're unable to watch tv because of it then, you'll want to reseat the hdmi cable first, see if your picture comes back, change hdmi ports on the tv, and see if it comes back.   if it doesn't  then you might be a perfect candidate to move over to component cables.   the 1.7 upgrade fixed a number of hdmi issues for a lot of customers, but not 100% of them, so you can check with the AVS forums for your particular tv set to make sure there isn't a firmware upgrade that you should be taking advantage of, but other than that, you would have to wait for 1.8 to see if it corrects your issue.   remember your manufacturer puts out similiar fixes too, so check with them as well.

0 Likes